Motion Design Systems Lead
Remote (US time zones)
We’re Capsule—a venture-backed startup building AI-powered video tools for businesses. We’re led by two serial founders who have built and scaled creative platforms to 100s of millions of people and recently raised $7.5M in seed funding from the same investors as Webflow, Figma, Slack, Flexport, OnDeck, Masterclass, Replit.
Capsule is growing fast. Our AI-powered video editor is already helping 100s of enterprises like HubSpot, Pinterest, and Netflix create more professional videos at scale. Capsule is the first video editor to bring the concept of design systems into video editing—and we need someone to help us bring this to life for our customers.
We’re looking for an immensely talented motion designer to build and manage all motion design systems for Capsule’s customers. This is a unique opportunity for a detail-oriented designer to help Capsule lead the new category of video design systems.
You’ll work directly with our founders and will have the opportunity to make an enormous impact on our company and customers.
This is a contractor-to-hire role. Preferably full-time, but at minimum 20 hrs/week.
Who we're looking for
- 5+ years as a motion designer working in After Effects
- 3+ years working in brand design for a large brand, an agency or similar type of experience
- Highly attuned to pixel-perfect designs and obsess over the smallest details when it comes to motion
- Work fast and enjoy the rapid (often crazy) pace of an early start up
- Have fun working with other highly-skilled team players in a zero-ego work environment
- Bonus: you’re excited to talk to customers, pitch creative work, get their feedback, and educate them on the value of design systems
About the job
- Motion concept development: Ideate and create motion design systems that include lower-thirds, captions, titles, and much more
- Design system integration: Collaborate with customer design teams to integrate motion that aligns with their brand assets
- Quality assurance: Hand off motion samples to developers and review all production designs to ensure motion quality across a variety of parameters
- Team collaboration: Work closely with Product team to get feedback and align motion design with team goals
- Cross-functional: Create marketing materials for Capsule as needed
- Stay current: Bring ideas to the table to expand the capabilities of the product and delight customers
- A chance to shape a product going after a $50B opportunity
- Work with highly-motivated, talented, fun and creative people
- Be judged solely by your results, not hours clocked
- Work from any US time zones
- Competitive compensation including salary and stock options
- Comprehensive insurance benefits—medical, dental, vision
- Generous paid time off
How to apply
Our culture and benefits
We lean into our values to build an inclusive, supportive environment where every voice matters. We're all about thinking outside the box and bringing your whole self to work.
Making a lasting impact
Join us in disrupting a $40B creative industry and be a part of something big.
Collaborate and grow
Work with a creative team of go-getters who are as passionate about AI as you are.
Achievements over hours
We're not clock-watchers. Impress us with what you create, not how long you worked.
Work from anywhere
Work remotely from any US time zone you're comfortable working from.
Your hard work pays off
Competitive compensation and stock options that truly reflect your contributions.
Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits because your well-being matters.
Co-founder & CEO